Friday, November 5, 2010

Thankful for ~ Ava Grace ~


Birdie, sweet, precious, petite, loving, quiet, girlie, those beautiful eyes, tender heart, laughter, great sleeper, little dancer....these are just a few sweet things that describe Ava. She has blessed my life more than I could have ever dreamed. I remember thinking before I had Ava that I just couldn't grasp loving another child the way I love Josie. Wow.....was I just stupid! THE moment I held Ava she had my heart and has not let go! She was born weighing just 5 pounds, 10 ounces and was the tiniest little baby girl with big beautiful brown eyes. She had little red places on her eyelids which were her birthmarks, called "angel kisses", which later faded away. But, those little angel kisses just stayed with me, because I felt so much like she was a little angel. She has the sweetest soul. So gentle and kind, and ALWAYS good. I mean the girl has never shown her bad side, if she even has one! haha...I really can't get over that. She is just a joy to be around always. So grown-up. Just about when I had given up on having anymore little ones, there was Ava. I remember rocking her and having Josie sitting by the rocker and feeling like there is nothing more perfect in life. That is the perfect day for me. Having my girls right with me. Nothing else really matters. So today, I am thinking how thankful I am for Ava and what a blessing she is. I know I don't deserve her, but I thank God for trusting me to be her mommy.




A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
-- Author Unknown

2 comments:

  1. sweet posts about the girls! they are pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful...so much love expressed for little Ava. Yes...me being her Grandma, can honestly say, too that she is a very sweet, gentle, loving little girl. So grown up for her age of 4. Full of love and always showing it in her actions. You and Jason have been so blessed to have her as your child. ♥ Grandma Voyles

    ReplyDelete