It has been such a long time since I have visited my blog and made a post. I've been avoiding it a little, because August was such a tough month around here. I remember the first week started off free and clear, then by just a few days into the month a sad tragedy changed things. A friend was killed in an accident. It was a difficult to see those I cared about hurting so much. The main reason I have avoided my blog is due to losing my Aunt Sharon. I've thought long and hard about how I could even put into words how I am feeling. There really are just no words to explain the emotions that come and go in waves. She was just such a big part of my life, my childhood, my past, present and I hoped my future. I had such great things in mind for us to do with the girls. I still sit in shock when I think of how quickly she left us. Sometimes it is too heartbreaking to re-visit. From all this I have gathered that I need to hold onto the positive things to see me through. I did have a lot of wonderful times in this past month of August, it just seemed at the moment things were all so difficult. But, as I reflect back on my photos from the month, I see that there were bright moments.....moments that kept us going and saw us through. Here are a few of them that make me smile.....
Sweet Josie started fifth grade on August 17th!!! Wow!

We had sweet times with the babies of the family....

Ava Grace started preschool! Can't believe it!


Josie started soccer! Yay! We love soccer!

Ava is back in ballet!


We also celebrated my brothers birthday in the midst of such sadness. I think that is the way my aunt would have wanted it. Not to fuss over her, but over ourselves :)
So I guess we can reflect back on sweet memories in the month of August and early September...Somehow getting it out in black and white makes it all "clear".
Today, September 14th would have been my grandma's birthday as well! Love her and miss her! Our sweet Josie is named after her. :) She passed away in 1998. I remember sitting with her in the hospital and she told me I would have a baby girl....I did two years later. I like to think she is my little guardian angel.;)
Wonderful post...very touching. Thankful that you have Jason and the girls to give you comfort and to fill your days with happiness and love. Sharon was such a nice woman. I know you have such fond memories of her. Bet she is in Heaven smiling while she is watching the girls growing and all that is going on in their and your lives. ♥U
ReplyDelete