See this sweet little thing......she can be so sweet and the next minute she can be so sassy! ha! But, one thing for sure is she is growing up right before my eyes everday. She changes and grows everyday. Tonight I went to the store, only to return to her having cleaned her room and given away her most cherished baby doll to Ava. This is it. Huge! I always thought once she stops playing with that baby, we are entering a whole new chapter. So, it has begun. I am not sure I am ready though. It still feels like she should be toddling around here, just hanging out and playing all day. Now, she has school, homework, activities, her friends, all so much I am not a part of anymore. There was a time when we were inseparable. I try to hold onto those memories and remember that this is a new season in life. It is hard, a constant struggle. You want them to stay little, but you want to them to grow too. I hope I am up for this!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Growing Up and Letting Go.....
See this sweet little thing......she can be so sweet and the next minute she can be so sassy! ha! But, one thing for sure is she is growing up right before my eyes everday. She changes and grows everyday. Tonight I went to the store, only to return to her having cleaned her room and given away her most cherished baby doll to Ava. This is it. Huge! I always thought once she stops playing with that baby, we are entering a whole new chapter. So, it has begun. I am not sure I am ready though. It still feels like she should be toddling around here, just hanging out and playing all day. Now, she has school, homework, activities, her friends, all so much I am not a part of anymore. There was a time when we were inseparable. I try to hold onto those memories and remember that this is a new season in life. It is hard, a constant struggle. You want them to stay little, but you want to them to grow too. I hope I am up for this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've just stumbled upon your blog through LuLu's ~ it's so nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteThey do grow up all too fast. Enjoy every minute and embrace the quiet ones when they need their mommy ~ it's rare when they reach their teens but oh so priceless!
Stop by and visit any time ~
Jo
So many emotions can tug at a mother's heart as her children grow. Sometimes it is scary as they seem to grow right in front of our eyes. All mothers would like for their little ones to stay little forever....but, as we know, this is impossible. Just remember to enjoy each day with them, even the hectic, wanting to pull your hair out days. Before you know it, they and you will have survived the teenage years and hopefully be able to look back and have a lot of blessed wonderful memories in spite of a few less joyful ones.
ReplyDelete