Today, September 14th, would have been my grandma's birthday. My grandma Glotzbach, who my sweet girl Josie is named after. What I would give for my grandma to have known Josie. What a kick she would have gotten out of her. I was lucky enough for my grandpa to have spent a few years with her. There is something about seeing your grandparents with your kids that is so special. She called him great papa and I guess she would have called grandma, great mama. When I was pregnant with Josie there was no question she would in some way be named after my grandma. She was someone who helped make me who I am, someone who is so dear to me and I hold so many memories of her in my heart. I know God knows when it is time for each of us to go, but there are so many times when I wish she could just be here for a moment, so I could see that sparkle in her eye when she looked at my girls, and hear her call me "Dana girl" one more time. And, to just hear her laugh one more time. I know she is laughing and happy today in heaven. Happy Birthday Grandma Glotzbach, we love you.
Hello....enjoyed reading your comments...I'm sure your grandma would be proud of you and your girls!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures, I love that one of Josie...and the close up of Ava is adorable.
Talk to you later.
M