Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Jewel


Just sitting here thinking of Jewel our husky. She was hit by a car today and she didn't survive. She was hard to keep close to home. She liked to roam around and visit everyone. It seems so strange because she was just on the porch with me and then she was gone. We were all very upset and sad about losing her. She was such a good girl. She was so gentle with the kids and was just a good dog. We adopted her two summers ago to somewhat replace Jaydan our German Shepherd who had passed away. We had him for 11 years. We hope she is resting in heaven tonight. Who knows, maybe she and Jaydan are buddies now. I like to think so.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Jewel..I know how much our animals mean to us. I do believe she is in heaven too! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog the other day. I love your bright colourful blog and I am off to read some more of your past posts! Many blessing this week as you cope with your the lose of a friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very sad the day Jewel died. I must have cried off and on all day long. She was such a beautiful and loving dog. As you say, she loved to roam. I am glad she got to "travel" and find more dog and people friends. She was smart and always knew her way home. I will miss the bark she would make to get our attention so we would come outside and give her some love. She was truly loved by all of us and I know that she knew it. It will take some time for me to get over her being gone. I love all my Granddogs. I too, hope that she is in heaven with Jayden and all the other dogs that our family has lost over the years.

    Grandma Voyles

    ReplyDelete