Well, "bless her heart" is all I can think to say....Ava Grace has been sick for nearly seven days now. What in the beginning appeared to be a virus, turned out to be much more serious. The poor little baby was trying to fight a UTI and strep throat. She had temps all week, several reaching 103. I hate seeing her like that. I'm sure no parent likes to see their little ones sick. Right when I thought she was getting better, the fever would go back up. But, I just decided to listen to my motherly instinct and take her to Urgent Care. Thank goodness I listened to myself for once! She was such a big girl. She had blood drawn and ended up having to get a pretty heavy duty shot. She screamed pretty loud, but it was just for a short time. So, now I think we are on the road to recovery. She is starting to perk up a little more. She has never been sick, so this was a big deal. Especially with her high fever for so long. She was a trooper. It makes me sad to think she felt so bad for a week and we were just thinking it was a virus. Now let's hope Josie doesn't get it! I am so worn out from playing nurse.HA!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Sick little baby birdie
Well, "bless her heart" is all I can think to say....Ava Grace has been sick for nearly seven days now. What in the beginning appeared to be a virus, turned out to be much more serious. The poor little baby was trying to fight a UTI and strep throat. She had temps all week, several reaching 103. I hate seeing her like that. I'm sure no parent likes to see their little ones sick. Right when I thought she was getting better, the fever would go back up. But, I just decided to listen to my motherly instinct and take her to Urgent Care. Thank goodness I listened to myself for once! She was such a big girl. She had blood drawn and ended up having to get a pretty heavy duty shot. She screamed pretty loud, but it was just for a short time. So, now I think we are on the road to recovery. She is starting to perk up a little more. She has never been sick, so this was a big deal. Especially with her high fever for so long. She was a trooper. It makes me sad to think she felt so bad for a week and we were just thinking it was a virus. Now let's hope Josie doesn't get it! I am so worn out from playing nurse.HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad she is getting well. Miss having her over to help me bake. She is such a little blessing to have around...all smiles and giggles. Maybe she can help me plant flowers tomorrow with her little shovel. Of course, we are always on the lookout for any new bugs we can find and show to Grandpa. She loves to help me water the plants and flowers...such a good little helper.
ReplyDelete