This is one of my favorite things to make around here, Bruschetta! We love it! Josie and I can't get enough of it. I think last summer we had it just about once or twice a week. Sometimes when I make things I like to take pictures of the food. My eye is always looking for a picture I think. So, when I was doing this, it got me thinking......what could I do with all these pics that I have of dishes I have made? That's when I decided I would make a scrapbook cookbook for my girls. I am going to compile all our favorite recipes and things they love to eat, take pictures, scrap a little and tell a little about why each dish was their favorite. I found some adorable paper for the book and can't wait to get started. I am only making one, so the girls will either have to share or maybe one will be more of a cook than the other when they grow up. Right now, my money is on Ava for that. She loves to cook with me.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Cookbook Scrapbook Idea
This is one of my favorite things to make around here, Bruschetta! We love it! Josie and I can't get enough of it. I think last summer we had it just about once or twice a week. Sometimes when I make things I like to take pictures of the food. My eye is always looking for a picture I think. So, when I was doing this, it got me thinking......what could I do with all these pics that I have of dishes I have made? That's when I decided I would make a scrapbook cookbook for my girls. I am going to compile all our favorite recipes and things they love to eat, take pictures, scrap a little and tell a little about why each dish was their favorite. I found some adorable paper for the book and can't wait to get started. I am only making one, so the girls will either have to share or maybe one will be more of a cook than the other when they grow up. Right now, my money is on Ava for that. She loves to cook with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yum-o! I love this stuff too! Although, with the small amount of home grown tomatoes this past summer, I hardly made this or salsa. I hope this year is better. Do you use fresh or canned when you make it this time of year?
ReplyDeleteHey there! I crave it so much that I still make it in the winter...I have been using fresh tomatoes, usually the Roma or the ones on the vine. I just kinda eyeball them. I am definitely ready for some summer ones! :)
ReplyDeleteDana...I miss having your delicous Bruschetta. Guess I will have to break down and make a big batch for us. You know how much Donnie loves it. You had us so spoiled this past summer sharing yours with us. I should have your recipe here in Florida. If not, I WILL be emailing or calling you. I love your idea of making a scrapbook cookbook for the girls. You have so many wonderful recipes. Love you....
ReplyDelete