Thursday, November 19, 2009

~ SIMPLIFY ~


~ SIMPLIFY~ This seems like an easy idea, it means "to make simple or simpler", so why is it so hard to do these days?! For the past few months this has been all I have been trying to do. Some days it seems I have been successful and other days have been far from simple. What happened to the good ol days when life was easy? Oh, that's right I was a kid and lived under my parents roof! Well, this is my New Year's Resolution.....to make my life simple.....to simplify things around me and about me....think I can do it? I am sure gonna try! I have always felt simple at heart, but this world can make life crazy if we let it. So maybe just saying the idea out loud will set me on the right path. I have been getting rid of things, buying less (I think, Jason might not think so! ha!) and trying to ask myself "do I really need this or need to do this?" I took this picture in Destin about four months ago....see way back then "simple" was on my mind....so we shall see if in the coming year I can master "the art of simple".

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful idea. Life can be so hectic now for mothers (and dads) trying to raise kids, work at a job, and everything else that comes with it. It wasn't easy raising 2 boys back in the 70's, but with all the changes that have occured in our world today, I know life is much more stressful trying to raise a family. I am so proud of you being such a loving and giving wife and mother. Most of all, that you love and believe in God and are raising Josie and Ava to believe in Him.

    Just take it one day at a time in trying to make life more "simple". It may take a while, so be patient with yourself. It will be well worth it in the long run. I will be praying for you. Love-Arlene

    ReplyDelete